Extreme Weather and Natural Disasters
Natural disasters are caused by extreme weather. Tornadoes, hailstorms, hurricanes, windstorms, cyclones, lightning and winter storms are the main weather disasters we experience in Canada. These storms develop because of unfavourable and unexpected changes in the weather which can negatively affect the earth’s atmosphere and further weather formation. In Canada, from coast to coast, we all live with weather hazards that could possibly result in devastation and destruction.
Extreme Weather Patterns Across Canada
WINMAR has franchises and teams across the country, with the skills to restore any natural disaster situation. We know that the geographical layout of Canada is not the same across the country, causing different weather-related disasters in different regions. Although, trained and equipped for any possible circumstance, our teams can provide the necessary assistance no matter where you live or work.
- Tornadoes primarily affect the mid and southern areas of Alberta, the southern areas of Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec.
- Hurricanes and cyclones occur on the East Coast, the most heavily affected provinces are Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland and Labrador, with the residual affecting Ontario and Quebec.
- Although lightning affects all areas of Canada, Alberta is significantly affected, as 33% of all wildfires in 2021 were caused by lightning.
- All of Canada experiences hail; however, Alberta, the southern Prairies and Southern Ontario are subjected more frequently and more intensely.
- Not all of Canada experiences the same winters. Especially not the same winters that the rest of the world thinks of when they think of winter in Canada. The coasts experience milder winters than the Prairie provinces and Central Canada, which have their own varying types of winter seasons.
Providing What You Need Following a Natural Disaster
At WINMAR®, we understand natural disasters and their consequences. When your property has been impacted by a natural disaster, you need immediate action, reliable service, and expertise to return to normal life. We understand the emotional and mental toll of property damage, from a natural disaster, can have on your life. WINMAR® teams can manage all aspects of the process: on site assessment, stabilization, remediation planning, and all-encompassing restoration services. We take the weight off your shoulders and provide you with peace of mind following a tragedy. Additionally, while we restore your property, our teams can implement hazard mitigation measures to prepare your property should your area experience another future emergent.
Rely on WINMAR® for these services following a natural disaster:
- Installation of temporary power and climate control
- Site Security
- Structural drying
- Debris removal/Environmental removal
- Roof repair and reinforcement
- Window repair and replacement
- Water damage restoration
- Reinforcing the structural integrity of the property
- Demolition and disposal of unrepairable structures or contents of the property
- Complete renovation or rebuild, including contracting, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Restoration and cleaning of personal belongings
Rely on WINMAR®
Although natural disasters cannot be prevented, trust WINMAR® to work with you through the process to get your and your family back to pre-event condition as soon as possible to restore what matters.
WINMAR® is Coming Through For You, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.